How MSTW was established
The M.S.T.W. Planning District was established in 1979 by Order in Council #1018-77. The district was formed by the agreement between four municipalities: the City of Morden, R.M. of Stanley, R.M. of Thompson and City of Winkler to share the services of a Building Inspector. We have issued over 18,000 Building Permits from the time of our inception until December of 2015.
As of January 1, 2006, we began issuing plumbing permits for the municipalities in our district.
We have the authority to issue building permits under Part 3 and Part 9 of the National Building Code for the planning district area. We have been contracted by the M. of Pembina to issue Part 9 building permits and provide building inspection services. We have also been contracted by the R.M. of Rhineland, Town of Altona, and M. of Pembina to issue Part 3 building permits and provide building inspection services.
The MSTW Planning District is governed by a Board consisting of two representatives from each of the member municipalities’ councils. Our staff will be happy to answer any questions you may have.